Tender pieces of chicken are coated in a savory soy garlic butter sauce and served with zucchini noodles for a flavorful, easy low carb meal.
This dish takes only about 30 minutes to make. I like that it is both filling and not too heavy at the same time. The chicken is coated in a really simple sauce, but it is full of flavor. This dish is similar to my garlic butter steak bites, but I made a few tweaks to the sauce and replaced the steak with chicken.
Soy Garlic Butter Sauce
All you need for this sauce is butter, garlic and soy sauce. That’s it! It’s just three ingredients but they are three very flavorful ingredients.
How to Cook Butter Garlic Chicken
- Chicken is cut into bite-sized pieces so it does not take very long to cook the chicken.
- The chicken is lightly seared on both sides and then the sauce is poured over the chicken so that it coats over the chicken as the chicken finishes cooking.
- To keep the chicken tender and juicy, make sure to not let the chicken cook for too long.
Zucchini Noodles Tips
- The zucchini noodles are cooked first. Zucchini has a lot of moisture and when it is cooked, it releases a lot of liquid. Cooking the zucchini noodles separately will allow you to drain the zucchini noodles so that they don’t make the dish watery.
- If desired, the zucchini noodles can be added back in at the very end for about 1 minute on low heat so that it is mixed in with the chicken.
- Avoid having the zucchini in too long at the end or using too high heat because that will cause the zucchini to cook further and release more water.
Garlic Butter Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
Tender bites of chicken coated in an easy and flavorful garlic butter sauce. This low carb meal comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
In a large skillet, add oil and garlic and bring the skillet to medium-high heat. Add in zucchini. Cook until zucchini is tender but still crisp. Pour in the soy sauce. Stir and mix until zucchini is evenly coated in soy sauce. Taste and add more if needed.
- Drain liquid from zucchini. Remove zucchini from skillet and set aside.
Add butter and garlic to a small saucepan. Cook over low medium heat until butter is melted and garlic starts to brown. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Add oil to large skillet and bring the skillet to medium-high heat. Add in chicken pieces. Sear chicken on both sides until they are lightly browned.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Finish cooking the chicken in the sauce, making sure that the chicken is evenly coated.
Reduce heat to low. Add drained zucchini noodles back in and stir in with the chicken for about 1 minute. Be careful not to let the zucchini cook further because that will cause the zucchini to release more liquid. Sprinkle chicken and zucchini with parsley. Serve immediately.
- I use this spiralizer.*
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.