Oreos have been on my mind for a while, especially with all the commercials celebrating their 100th birthday. I’ve also been obsessed with trying to find the special birthday oreos which have a funfetti-like filling but I can’t find them anywhere. They look like this. I tried CVS, but no luck. Anyone have luck finding them in San Diego lately?
I’ve made cookies and cream cupcakes before but this time I decided to make a whole oreo/cookies and cream cake. I think I should have crushed the cookies just a little more, but this was still tasty.
The cake is light and fluffy with chunks of oreo cookies throughout. If you like oreo desserts, I have also made cookies and cream cookies, oreo cupcakes, oreo muffins and oreo mug cake.
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oreos crushed into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bundt pan with Pam Spray with flour.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half the flour mixture and half the milk and mix. Add in remaining flour mixture and milk and mix until batter is smooth. Mix in crushed Oreos.
Bake for approximately 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake completely and dust with powdered sugar before serving.