After my success with pandan cupcakes, I found a recipe for pandan yogurt cakes on Little Corner of Mine. The recipe is even simpler to make than the pandan cupcakes I made, and a lot healthier since it uses yogurt and less oil and sugar.
The pandan yogurt cakes called for less pandan extract. As a result, the outside of the cakes turned brown, though the inside were still a bright green. A similar thing happens when I don’t use enough matcha powder. Next time, I’ll add some more pandan extract to these so that the outside doesn’t turn brown.
The cakes came out really moist and light. They tasted as good as the pandan cupcakes, and a bit more moist too. And since these are healthier, I think I’ll use this recipe for pandan cakes from now on.
Pandan Yogurt Cakes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 1/2 tsp Pandan extract original recipe called for 1/2 tsp, but I don’t think it’s enough
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add in salt & sugar. Stir to mix. Add in beaten eggs, yogurt, Pandan extract and oil. Stir until incorporated. Lastly, scoop the batter into each cupcake liner until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Little Corner of Mine