Pizza cones are a fun twist on regular pizza and are very easy to make. This version is made pepperoni, cheese and sauce which is baked inside the pizza dough cone made with premade dough.
I’m sort of obsessed with pizza if you haven’t already noticed. And I’m always up for trying new variations on pizza even if the variations are pretty similar. I found the idea for pizza cones on Instructables although I didn’t follow the actual recipe and instead created my own version.
I’ve done pizza rolls before and pizza cones are similar, except the pizza fillings are baked inside of dough shaped like a cone. It’s like a portable personal-sized pizza for one!
How to Make Pizza Cones
- You can use your favorite pizza dough recipe or use store-bought pizza dough like I did to make these really easy.
- To create the pizza dough cone I like to use my Cream Horn Molds*. The molds help keep the dough in a cone shape while it bakes. All you do is roll out your pizza dough, cut it into triangles and wrap them around the molds. Seal the edges to ensure they stay together while baking.
- Bake the dough on the molds for about 20 minutes at 400°F. You want the cones to be golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Once the cones are cool enough to handle, remove the molds.
- Fill the cones with shredded cheese, a little bit of marinara sauce and sliced pepperoni.
- Pop the pizza cones back in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
I love these pizza cones because they are like a hand-held pizza that’s not a mess to eat and in a very cute form.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Pepperoni Pizza Cones
These pizza cones are a fun twist on pizza and are so easy to make with store-bought pizza dough.
- 1 can premade pizza dough
- mini pepperoni
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll dough and cut into 8 triangles.
- Take each triangle and fold into cone shape around cream horn mold (see note) and wrap and seal the edge. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake the cones for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and completely cooked.
Once the cones are cool enough to handle, remove the cream horn molds. Stuff shredded cheese, a little bit of marinara sauce and mini pepperoni inside the cones. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- I bought my Cream Horn Molds* on Amazon.
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
More Pizza Recipes
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough | The pizza dough for this pizza is just 2 ingredients and you don’t need any yeast! The recipe is quick and easy and produces a thin crust pizza in about 30 minutes.
Waffled Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese | These Waffled Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches consist of pizza crust cooked in a waffle iron that is sandwiched with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and a side of tomato sauce for dipping.
Pizza (Muffin) Cupcakes | These pizza cupcakes are really pizza muffins that are flavored with mozzarella cheese, mini pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
Pizza Fries | Pizza dough “fries” topped with marinara sauce and cheese. These pizza fries are a fun twist on pizza.